Sunday, March 15, 2009

30 Rock

I don't understand this blog thing, hopefully I'm doing this right. Everytime I talk to anyone (yes, EVERY time), they say "Did you see what so-and-so put on the blog, so hilarious!!" So, I finally checked it out but I'm confused.

Anyway, the reason I'm here. Last night I was catching up on episodes of 30 Rock on my iPhone. If you haven't seen this show, it is probably the funniest thing on television right now.

It might be necessary to get some background before you dive in, because the characters have been hilariously developed over the last two years.

http://www.nbc.com/30_Rock/

The episode from two weeks ago had me laughing so hard I got a headache.

Go here:

http://www.nbc.com/30_Rock/video/episodes/

And select the episode titled "Larry King".

The show is about the behind the scenes antics at an NBC tv show. Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) is the creator/writer and head of the circus. Her boss Jack Donaghy (Alec Baldwin) is GE's VP in charge of Comedy Programming and Microwave Ovens. Before Jack became the boss, Liz's weekly variety show was called "The Girly Show" and featured her friend Jenna (Jane Krakowski). Then Jack met fictional movie star Tracy Jordan (Tracy Morgan) and decided to bring him onto the show. The show was then renamed "TGS with Tracy Jordan" much to everyone's dismay. Tracy Jordan is a lunatic movie star who is hilarious and very crazy. Kenneth the NBC Page (Jack McBryer) is a simple, Appalachian living life as a Page in the big city.

Anyway, hopefully that's a good summary. All of the episodes are hilarious, so I encourage you to watch as many as are available online. But definitely watch the "Larry King" episode. Hilarious!

Steven

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Steven !!! Mr. Technology has joined the group. I have seen a couple of episodes of 30Rock and agree that it is hilarious. Wow, who knew you could sum up the whole show in one paragraph. Pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally got a chance to check out the show and the episode...too, too funny! Funnier than the Special Olympics!

    I guess I need to add one more show to the TiVO. Which is good now that BSG is wrapping up.

    Other "can't miss" shows: Chuck, The Big Bang Theory, and The IT Crowd.

    ReplyDelete