Thursday, March 12, 2009

Teething Suggestions?

Any ideas for dealing with a teething baby? After a day like today I'm considering vodka, but I probably should try to stay focused on alleviating Tierney's discomfort.

Tylenol seems to help, but that's obviously not a long term solution. Teething biscuits help but they require a full-body bib. We have teething rings that I cool down in the fridge, but she doesn't seem interested. Anyone tried baby orajel? What's the sure-fire solution?

4 comments:

  1. how about some of that chocolate cake? the girls all use teething tablets. i think you get them at a health food store. i used to use clean washcloths, get them wet then freeze them and give them to the baby to suck on. you can also use one to massage the gums and that might help. tylenol is most helpful! baby orajel (i think there are other brands) is great, won't hurt baby and might give you a break. mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Hyland teething tablets are the best! They are seriously miracle pills. They are all natural and won't hurt at all. Walmart usually has them, or Walgreens. And baby orajel is great, too. It's kind of hard to get it on the tooth b/c they don't like the taste of it, plus it's uncomfy to have someone's hand in your mouth. But it's pretty effective. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, one other tip I forgot, and this may seem kind of out there, but my kids LOVED chewing on leather things. I know, I know....how would I even find this out? Well, I had a leather bookmark and I could not get it out of Tanner's mouth when he was teething. For some reason, the feel of the leather and the way it massages their gums is soothing. I thought this was crazy until I talked to someone who agreed! Their kids loved it too! Try a purse handle or something. I know.....it's nuts! But desperate times call for desperate measures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valium, is a valium drip an option?

    ReplyDelete