Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Checkin In

Sorry, I forgot I'm the glue that holds this blog together.  You might call me the glog.
Anyway, I guess I do have some cool stuff to write about.  For President's Day weekend, Miranda and I decided to head up to the Salt Lake area and hang out for a few days.  Matthew and Sarah spent some time at Mom and Dad's and that was nice to see the kids and play the Wii.  I kicked Miranda's butt at MarioKart.
So here's a play-by-play:
Friday night we went to the Kings Singers at Abravanel Hall.  One of Miranda's former roommates works for the Utah Symphony, so we got $58 tickets for $9.  That was awesome, and we had great seats.  Afterwards, we got to meet all of them, and I got autographs from each.  We also met David Cho, who is the director of the symphony.  So that was an awesome evening.
Saturday we went to breakfast with mom and dad at Golden Corral, which was delicious.  Later we went to a friends wedding, then up to Salt Lake for dinner with Matthew and Sarah at the Cheesecake Factory and a play at the Desert Star.  The play was great, and Matthew and Sarah hooked us up with great seats.
Sunday was church.  And food.
Monday we decided to go to Park City to stroll about and enjoy the scene.  By the time we got there, it was cold and snowing, so we decided to just go get pizza.  But then we decided to go to Red Robin, which is in Murray.  So we went to lunch in Murray, via Heber and Park City.
Tuesday morning we went to the Draper Temple open house, which was really nice.  The Temple was of course beautiful.  The baptistry was huge, and the bride's changing room was ugly.  Which is okay, because I'll never see it again.  Then Miranda had to teach a workshop in the evening, so I kinda hung out around Salt Lake for a while till she was done so we could head home.  Because she ended up teaching the workshop, her company paid for the whole trip.  She's a catch.
In fact, we're planning on going to southern California (where she is from) in a couple weeks for Spring Break.
It's getting warmer here in Cedar City, so warm in fact that we decided to play a little sand volleyball last Saturday.  We had a boombox blaring 90's pop and we were all in shorts, trying to force summer.  The beauty of it was that there was still snow on the side of the court.
So that's my life.  This should cover me for a week or two.

2 comments:

  1. SoCal for Spring Break? To visit Miranda's family? Meet her parents? Interesting...

    Where in SoCal? If it's near Moreno Valley, there's an AWESOME little roadside dive that has a really good pastrami-and-egg cheeseburger. It's called Steve's, near March Air Base. Get the aforementioned King Kong burger with a side of fried zucchini. Delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already met her parents actually. Well, her mom. Her dad died a few years ago.
    Unfortunately, she is from La Habra, which is pretty much due west of Moreno Valley, on the other side of the mountain. But if I somehow find myself there, I'll definitely stop by. I'm a big fan of anything with an egg on it.

    ReplyDelete