Saturday, February 7, 2009

Just a Few Thoughts

It's been a few days since anyone put anything up here, so I thought I'd chip in my two cents. Which is good, because a few things are on my mind right now. Here they are, in no particular order:

1. Remember that girl that I said I was thinking about dating? I'm not thinking about it anymore, I actually am.
2. People in southern Utah, particularly in my town of Cedar City, somehow think it's okay to start a conversation with "What are you doing?" This annoys me to no end. The people I work with say it all the time, and I find it ridiculous. It's obvious what I'm doing, I'm talking to you, stupid. Furthermore, what business is it of yours? If you would have started with "Hi, how are you?" I would be fine with telling you what I'm doing. But don't just go starting out with that! I love this town, but this one thing is in and of itself reason enough for me to leave. My frustration is compounded by the fact that I know I can't get mad at them, that's just how they were raised. Getting mad at them would make me no better than Al Qaeda.
3. I also hate the term "hubby."
4. I saw Indiana Jones (the first one) for the first time in my life last night. Underwhelming. But I'm glad it's out of the way so I don't ever have to see it again.

What a worthless post.


Bubba

3 comments:

  1. What if someone said, "Hey. What are you doing?"-Sarah
    PS. I think that's kind of weird that annoys you. Do you think it's actually that saying or is it people just talking to you at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no, it's fine if someone wants to know what I'm doing. There are many practical uses for wanting to know what someone is doing. But, it's not an acceptable way to begin a conversation. It's no greeting. Asking someone what they are doing should only be used if you want to know what they're doing. It annoys me when you use it as a hollow greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bubba, what are you doing? (You see how this is going to go for a while, don't you?)

    Funny that you haven't seen Raiders of the Lost Ark...it's been in the Jackson Family Video Library since before it was released on video. When we lived in Austin, Dad had a friend with a video camera and an artistic eye. It was an exciting adventure watching a bootleg video. It felt so naughty. :)

    ReplyDelete