



This has been the week of field trips! Monday, I joined Little Joe and his friends to the Science musuem. He is a very popular boy with many little buddies...or amigos I should say. Sara's name is actually "sa-RAA" and Ismarie is actually "is-MA-ree" and Jyro is actually "HI-ro" whatever. Either way I found it so funny that he had so many friends because his teacher always tells me he has a problem cleaning his own toys up. When she asks him to, she turns around to find him delegating his chores to a handful of friends. I guess that will come in handy later in life. I rode down on the bus, but on the way back I was told there were too many people and I needed to ride back with one of the parents. Luckily, one of the dads did drive and had a large car for me and a few other parents to ride back in. Little Joe kept asking what kind of car "Damien's daddy" had. I told him, "A truck." "Was it a monster truck?" asked Little Joe. "No." "Oh. was it a truck like Uncle Steven's?" "No Joe. It was a truck like Stefanie's." Stefanie is my friend with a Ford Explorer. And he said, "Oh. Was it an Expedition?" It was very cute. He's obsessed with cars, and terms like Truck, Car, convertable etc aren't good enough. Ask him what kind of car I have...he'll tell you it's a Dodge Caliber. His favorites are Range Rovers. Go figure. Anyways, we had a lot of fun, but I forgot my camera!!
Yesterday the high was around 80 so I called my boss and said I wanted to go to the zoo, but wasn't sure because I had taken a half day earlier in the week and I had a few things to do. She was mortified I wanted to go to the zoo! I didn't understand until my light bulb went off because it's February, and she's lived in Toronto all her life. when I explained that it was 80 degrees outside, she demanded I stay logged in and take a few hours to head off to the zoo. I wanted to prove I was able to follow directions and did as I was told. I packed up my wagon (thanks mom!) went to Stacy's house to get Jackson, Juliana and Jadah (Jackson's cousin that is two weeks older) and we all went to the zoo. It was great, all the kids were free and I had a coupon so it didn't cost anything! it was their first time there, and they just couldn't get over the fact that there are more animals in life than birds, squirrels and dogs. We all had a ball...despite the retarded elephant we affectionately named Stevie Wonder (watch the video, you'll see why)
the elephant video is totally jay leno worthy. hysterical! but...he's gray, i'm confused.
ReplyDelete