In response to the several questions commented on my last post:
1. Expensive is $3,000. which, is a deal from the regular $5500 since this lawyer is the father in law of my boss. He's super qualified, and very successful. If I could poop money, I'd sit at home eating prunes until I had $3,000
2. I would like to think that this divorce will be uncontested. I'm agreeing to some visitation (no custody) I get the house and my car, in exchange for his crap truck. Child support will be handled through another outlet since that process have already started (see #3) I agree to visitation since he won't come anyway. I will also have a clause that states I'm not confined to anywhere, and can move where i want when the divorce is final. I will have full custody, and he gets no say in anything I do with them. hes agreed to these terms, however before the child support hearing he said he'd give me whatever I wanted and then threw such a fit, we are getting sent to court. That's why I'm nervous about filing anything myself without proper representation.
3. Child Support - We went to a meeting and fought over the monthly amount. he wanted it based off his current wage (part time at $9/hr) and I wanted it based off his salary history of full time at $15/hr. She agreed to make an amount between the two, but he refused to provide any old salary info. I got $350/month. For those of you without kids, that covers formula and half a month supply of diapers for one baby. nevermind the other ones diapers, food or child care costs. anyway, I wouldn't sign because it said I had to stay in Denton County for the rest of my life we could have altered the papers to say otherwise, but he wouldn't let me. So, now they have to send us to court. I'm still waiting on the paperwork for that with the date.
It's a mess. For a guy that hardly comes around and is totally unsupportive, he sure has a sense of entitlement. I heard through a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend that he's coming back home, but he's just not ready yet. But, when he is ready I'll let him come back and everything will be good again. he also told me that he was victimized by me because I was so degrading to him. I'm not going to pretend to be perfect, and I absolutely have been that way towards him in the past few months. I've been mean as a snake. However, that didn't start until a few months ago. He's so out of touch with reality. For those of you curious, I will not be getting back together with him. Ever. It's sad. My family is in shambles, but there is no possibilty of reconsiliation at this point.
Just remember it was his dumba** choice. He is trying to blame everything on you because it's easier that way. I'm sure he doesn't want to believe that he's turned into his "father" although he clearly has. I'm so sorry, but I give you props for how you are handling it, and for how hard you fought for him to change before the divorce was final in your mind. I say get a lawyer because he's shady and you never know what he'll do. I'm tellin' ya....give him the house in exchange for parental rights....
ReplyDelete