So, does anyone have any unusual dreams you would like to share? I could post one almost very day. For example, last night was just a typical dream. I actually was worth $800 million (my check from Obama must have come in), but I took a job with someone named Billy-Roy. I am not sure what my job was and what my pay was, but took the job anyway. We were at dinner with about 8 other employees (some of who I recognized, others not) at a Chinese place. I got up to check to the place out and found in one section of the restaurant, there were booths in a sunken area that was filled with water, about seat deep in which gold-fish were swimming around.
Later, I decided I would go in to town to buy some clothes. You could actually swim there as there was an Olympic sized pool that started at a point where I was staying, took a left turn, then a right. The closer I got to town, the width of the pool got smaller until it was just a little creek at the end. Also, it had turtles and seals in it that swam along beside you. But the closer to town, the seals and turtles were more like slimy eels.
Can you top that? Pops.
I have a recurring nightmare theme where I have grass or something tree or root-like growing out of my skin. The grass grows in little craters like large pores, and I can pull it out but it bleeds. It's very disturbing. Usually shakes me up for days.
ReplyDeletePops - I had the same dream only it was 24x7. Mom finally made me go to the doctor and have it removed.
ReplyDeletePops - So last night was a double feature
ReplyDeleteFeature 1 – I was a movie producer. I was going to produce a movie about a bumbling man child in his journey through life. I was at a movie theater and saw the guy that was “Will” on “Will and Grace” and thought he would be perfect. So I went up to the screen and asked him he would be my star. He came out of the screen and we talked for a while in the theater chairs and he said OK. So I have to find a supporting cast. I was off to scour the city in a bus driven by my neighbor. It wasn’t an ordinary bus, but one that had a lawnmower attachment on it as well. So we drove on people’s lawns and cut them while we searched. We came across a family that would do fine and they consented to be in my movie. While I was waiting for them to change in to their audition clothes, I went outside and watched Bubba and his friend catch sprinkler parts in their long nets as the parts floated by because the house was surrounded by water. I also got my hedge trimmer and trimmed weed patches in their lawn because it took the cast so long to get it together.
Feature 2 – I was a State Senator. I got on my big motorcycle and cruised around my district – all the way from Sandy to Hanna. When I got back my three other senate companions were waiting for me to go in to session. We were all hungry so I took requests from them to go get something from the local snack-bar. One wanted a twinkie, one wanted a ding-dong, and one wanted pink lemonade.
Never having seen Will & Grace (I'm to understand there are gay people in it, and since I try to be a good Church member my entertainment standards are much higher than that) I can't comment on the casting in your dream. It's interesting to note however than many of my dreams also feature Hollywood celebs. George C Scott, Denzel Washington and Diane Lane make frequent appearances. No gay people, but it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure there is significance to the other imagery. Sarah, you were into dream interpretation and one point, yes?
I DO know that as a teenager during long, hot summers in Austin, I also dreamt of Dad doing some yardwork.
Was the trimmer in your dream based on a home mixer?