Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sick Little Baby

This is how we've been spending our days lately. Tierney has been one sick little girl! It started with a cold about three weeks ago and a residual cough. The cough got worse until we took her to the ER last Sunday and she was diagnosed with bronchiolitis and Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV). She's been getting regular albuterol treatments with a home nebulizer and has been on steroids for the past few days. Not sure if she's breathing better, but she's really bulked up nicely.

It's been pretty serious at times this week, and very stressful for everyone. It has really made me far more empathetic and sensitive to parents who have children who really are sick. Not that Tierney isn't very sick, but there are kids that are a lot worse off.

We're going back to the Dr tomorrow in hopes of avoiding another day in the ER over the weekend. Prayers on our behalf are always appreciated!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear that! Poor little girl... I wish I could just give her a big hug and kiss! How is her personality on the 'roids? Has she been a pill or pretty good? I've heard that they bring out the worst in a person. But I'm glad to know they're making her bulk up...I was starting to get worried about how thin she was...About as worried as I am that I'M too thin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's been pretty good. Not quite herself, but not bad. I'm not sure if it's the steroids causing the trouble or being congested or not sleeping well or just not feeling good...maybe a combination of a number of factors.

    It's crazy that she can be so sick and still smile and laugh between coughing fits and snot bubbles.

    ReplyDelete