Saturday, February 7, 2009

For all you out of state suckers!

So, the other day I called Mom and I was telling her how I wanted to get out of the house, but not sure what to do. She told me to come down there and we'd go to Chuck E Cheeses. Seriously......how friggin' awesome is that? (To top it off she offered to take the kids back to her house after for a little while so I could get an errand done....seriously awesome....) So the kids spent their day with their Mom and Grandma living it up at Chuck's. We had a great time, and we are so, so, so lucky to have her close. She really is the best Grandma ever guys. So, although I love you all tons....stay away. She's mine!


Mason stayed on this trolley forever. He would just sit on it and kids would come and sit on the other side and put in their coin, so he'd get a free ride. He must have sat on that ride for at least 20 min. Genius.
Mallory spent 95% of the time sitting by Mom playing with the tokens. She would just take them from one cup and put it in the other over and over again. She loved it! It was the funniest thing. Here she was surrounded by all these cool games and all she wanted to do was sit and sort out the coins. She's so awesome.

After the coins, she figured out what Chucks is all about. She spent the rest of the time climbing on the skee ball with her brother and pulling the tickets out of the machines. Whether our family member was using that machine or not. Hey, you snooze you lose.

Mom, here's a picture of Mallory in the coat you gave her. I finally got you a picture! Isn't she so adorable? I seriously love that coat. And I put this little ballerina outfit under it. She loved it because it was all poofy! It was really cute. Tanner kept calling her "Princess." I told him that I was the princess around here. Just kidding. I'm way out of my league with Mallie. There's no contest.

Now if only we could do something with her hair......

4 comments:

  1. we were at chucks because i gave tanner tokens for his bday (in august) and he hadn't used them yet and #2 because it's too cold and rainy to do anything outside. #3 i offered to take the kids back to the house because it was a way to get out of chuck's. and ....before you start slamming mallory's hair perhaps you should look at the photo where we are sitting together. that hair did not just happen by chance! p.s. my mother had the same problem, possibly her mother too. mike, i told her about your great plan at chuck's. he just sits at the table, gives the kids one token at a time and then they always come back. hopefully sarah's kids will soon be old enough for that great strategy. i do remember that the first time we went to this particular chuck's lizzie who was about 2 was swiping food off other people's tables. i think this is the first time i've been back since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, you listed those reasons like you were saying you're not awesome. Well, you are and everyone who reads this knows it. It was awesome no matter what the reasons! Thanks, Mom, for whatever the reasons. The kids and I had a blast. They had so much fun, and I just love watching them being so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey everyone! What are you doing?

    You know, we were really looking at homes in Utah, and as we read more about the adventures in Happy Valley we started getting more and more excited. But so we don't interfere with Sarah's monopoly on Mom & Dad we're back to a more serious examination of Dallas.

    But we've done the math, and when Tierney is in the Big D, there will be an overwhelming number of grandkids in Texas than in Utah, so maybe the grandparents should consider relocating. I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete