Thursday, January 15, 2009



hello family! Things have been SO busy lately!! The holidays are over and it's the start of a new year so it's back to work...and work i have been doing! It's been really non-stop at the office getting ready for a boat load of things but I wouldn't have it any other way since it makes the day go by faster. I wake up, drop the kids off at their locations, come back to the house, do dishes and one load of laundry and pick up, log on, work, lunch, move on laundry, get pj's and clothes for next day ready, vacuum, take out trash, other misc items, run to the store if i need something, log back on, work, go get kids, feed kids, bathe kids, read books to kids, usually feed Jackson again, puzzle/cartoon time, bedtime. That's my life in a nutshell. Actually, this is me in a nutshell..."Help! I'm trapped in a nutshell!" j/k All this busy stuff in my life and I still have time for jokes...and painting my wiggly baby's toe nails. I cleaned them up with a Q-tip and they look so cute. having a girl is very different, but it's still so fun! Next week, we're going to get facials and perms. not really, but maybe one day minus the perm of course.

Other than the day to day routine, which is nice to have, me and Joe had a child support mediation meeting at the Office of the Attorney Generals. Talk about a nightmare. After 5 hours of negotiation (or fighting...whatever), we had papers written up that made him pay $350 A MONTH until they are 18. That's a steal for three kids. We started signing, and I noticed a clause that said I have to remain in Denton County, or a County touching it. $350 a month doesn't buy the rights to tell me where to live as far as I'm concerend. He wouldn't change it, I wouldn't sign with that so the mediator snatched the papers away and is sending us to court. The next day he realized what a dumb move that was and called her back to make an appointment to sign, but it was too late. The papers have been sent and we'll be in court hopefully by the end of January. Good news is that I'll probably get more than $350 a month, bad news is I'll probably still never see it.

Anyhoo, my spirits are high (mainly because I just don't have time to wallow and it's not worth it) and I'm just really excited about moving in to the next phase in my life with my adorable kids. They've handled things well, although little Joe gets confused from time to time but when I try to explain it he usually wanders off talking about fruit snacks of the next episode of Spiderman. he's been much more go with the flow since he started school.

Things are good, we miss and love you all!!

2 comments:

  1. good to hear your news. love the toenails! be sure that joe sees the picture of the snow. mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, Catherine, I feel your pain. I have never been more angry than when Ava told me she wanted alimony...that experience helped me understand "rage". It felt like such a betrayal from someone you once cared about, and from someone you thought once cared about you.

    I can't pretend to know exactly how you're feeling, but I'll offer advice anyway. (It's advice that is appropriate for almost any situation, so it's pretty safe).

    Keep praying. It can be hard to feel like praying when you're tired and angry and hurt and exhausted, but make the effort to kneel and do the best you can. Do whatever it takes to keep that access to the Holy Ghost alive and growing and vital in your life. It is possible to find peace in the Gospel.

    Revelation 21:4 is one of my favorite verses: "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

    I'm not perfect, and have never claimed to be, but the Gospel isn't for perfect people. It's for imperfect people who want to try to be better even if they still have an occassional iced tea. You totally get points for effort.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete