Thursday, January 22, 2009

So, yesterday, that's right, January 21..the day AFTER inauguration day we rec'd a notice in the mail that started, "The United States Federal Government has established a program to assist the special needs of senior homeowners by reducing the effects of economic hardship caused by increasing costs associated with energy/fuel, health, and housing needs." Further on it explained the program could help with mortgage payments, provide monthly income, and stop foreclosure if needed. I was cracking up because Steven and I have joked a thousand times about how so many people think that the day after Obama takes office money will just magically appear in your mailbox.
I knew I had to immediately tell Steven that our dreams had come true so I called and left him the following message, "Steven, this is your mom. Our worries are over, Obama came through for us. call me." Within ten minutes the phone rang and it was Steven who said, "Don't worry mom, the police are on the way. I knew your message had to be code for some kind of trouble so I called the police dep't and they are sending someone right over."
After we laughed and I read him the card his comment was, that is a brilliant piece of direct mail marketing. timing it to arrive the day after the inauguration! These people are genius!
So, I want you all to know that things are just fine here, thank you very much. Obama's the man, er I mean Messiah. mom

No comments:

Post a Comment