Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I apologize now...


I want to go ahead and apologize now if parts, or all, of this post do not make much sense. I'm a bit sleepy since Juliana is cutting her first tooth and it seems her tolerance for pain is as low as her mothers. She'll sleep through the night when she is feeling okay, but lately she's been up two or three times. Jackson is ready to be potty trained since now being in a diaper with even an ounce of liquid bothers him so much he wakes up at night until I go and change his diaper. It might be easier to teach him how to do it himself. Joe is still not terribly thrilled with having to share a room with his baby brother so a couple times a night he sneaks into my bed and I carry him back out. It's not as bad as it sounds though, I promise. When Juliana wakes up she's always got a big smile on her face, and when Jackson wakes up I get a chance to hold and cuddle him which I would never be able to do otherwise and when Joe crawls in my bed he always says, "I love you Mommy." and kisses my nose. They will only be my little babies for a short while, and I've started trying to enjoy them every chance I get whether it be 3pm or 3am. Plus, I still have a bit of my custom colored foundation I got as a gift to help hide the bags under my eyes.
Above is a pic of Jackson at the park last week. It was 77 on Friday, and he's been super clingy lately (and isn't sure if I'm Mommy or Daddy since he calls me both) so we spent some time together at the park. He really is a handful. We were on the way back and I let him roll his window down. At the busiest intersection at a stop light, a woman jumped out of her car behind me (I was a little nervous at first that she was gonna ask for my phone number...hey, she had a mullet and drove a pick up. don't judge me) and she said "Your kid just threw his shoes out the window!" and then she gave me his shoes. and his window privledges were revoked. As are his kitchen and bathroom privledges. Every once in a while he manages a security breach (or breech?) but luckily Mike came over last week and got most of the toothpaste tube tops and toilet paper out of the sink so it will drain now. And his girls watched my kids so I could go to wal mart to replace the bottle of dishwashing soap and box of dishwashing powder he dumped out on the counter. I think he was making a passive aggressive statement on my declining housekeeping skills. I wouldn't put it past the cute little bugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment