Things on the East Coast are going well. We're trying to get back into our routine after two weeks off during the holidays. We just stayed at home mostly, although we spent New Year's Eve at a hotel. The power went out at the farm, so there was no heat except for the wood stove and no running water (no electricity for the well pump).
Our next adventure is Baltimore for Valentine's Day. We're going up for a Star Trek convention (http://www.farpointcon.com/). Nicole says if we're going to go, we have to go in costume. Not sure what she and I are going to dress up as, but I'm going to make Tierney a sleep-sack type outfit out of shaggy fur material so she can go as a tribble. Someone suggested we should go as Klingons, but I immediately pointed out that in TOS ("the original series") it was a key plot point in the episode "The Trouble With Tribbles" (episode 14, 1967) that tribbles HATE Klingons. That hatred was what allowed Kirk to discover the secret Klingon spy on Deep Space Station K-7 and the conspiracy to poison a vital shipment of the grain quadrotriticale destined for Sherman's Planet.
There was a hush in the room as I was again reminded that I am, indeed, a total geek.

First off, thanks for using this! It makes my day to see it being used! Sounds like you have quite the Valentine's planned. I can't think of anything more romantic. I don't know what a tribble is, but I'm sure she'll be adorable! She's so dang cute! I can't wait to see pictures from your adventure!-Sarah
ReplyDeleteTierney is such a hoot (or is it a toot?)! Someday we will even be more proud of her when she is captain of her own Starship thanks to her dad's training.
ReplyDelete